To ensure an efficient, sustainable and financially viable water and sewerage sector delivering a high quality service to customers.
To deliver safe, adequate and affordable water and to ensure safe sewerage systems for improved public health and sustainable economic development.
Vlissengen Road & Church Street, Bel Air Park, Georgetown, Guyana.
Board of Directors
- Nigel Hinds - Chairman
- Charles Ceres - Member
- Emil McGarrell - Member
- David Dewar - Member
- Christina Bissessar - Member
- Savitri Singh Sharma - Member
- Ryan Belgrave - Member
- Patricia Chase-Green - Member
- Samantha Fedee - Member
GWI Senior Management
*Chief Executive - Dr. Richard Van West-Charles, MD, MPH
* Director of Corporate Services/ Corporate Secretary - Nigel Niles
* Director of Capital Investment and Planning - Ramchand Jailal
* Director of Operations - Joseph Codette
* Director of Finance - Jaigopaul Ram
* Director of Procurement - Aubrey Roberts
* Director of Human Resources Management and Development - Gale Doris
* Officer in Charge, Customer Services - Jeanette Thomas
* Head, Information Technology & Communication - Christopher Chan
* Scientific Services Manager - Donna Canterbury
* Public Relations Officer - Timothy Austin
* Head, Technical Services - Dwayne Shako
* Head, Field Services - Sunildat Barran
The Guyana Water Incorporated (GWI) was established on May 30, 2002, resulting from the merger of the Guyana Sewerage and Water Commission (GS&WC)and the Guyana Water Authority (GUYWA).
The main driver for improving the water sector in Guyana is the reduction of poverty amongst the population.
GWI provides water to over 145,000 homes, offices and schools across Guyana. It also provides water to Amerindian communities in the Hinterland. The Company aims to supply water facilities to 80% of the Hinterland settlements.
The Company employs over 500 workers and supplies over 300, 000,000 litres of water per day. GWI operates 24 sewerage pumping stations in Georgetown. In addition, the Company has water treatment plants at Mon Repos, Pourdroyen, Fellowship, Golden Grove, Queenstown, Cotton Tree, Lima, Vergenoegen, Better Hope, Covent Garden, Eccles, Bartica, Sophia, Central Ruimvedlt and Number 56 Village.